I glanced at the time. 130?! That can’t be right..."Jenna!" I called out to one of the other waitresses. She was the friendliest...one of the only ones who didn’t see my being there as a threat to their tip making. "Is that the time?!" I motioned to the clock on the wall.
"Uh...yah!" she said as she took out her cell phone and looked at the time. "It sure is! Exciting, hey? Just 1 more hour and we can get out of here!" She grinned at me and went on her way with a tray full of drinks.
That's not exactly the first thought that came into my mind. The night has gone by so fast! I can’t believe it’s practically over! I wasn’t ready to go home yet. I glanced back to the table the 4 guys were sitting at and noticed that there were only 3 of them there. It only took a millisecond to notice which one was missing and before I could glance around to see where he was I felt a rough hand grasp my wrist lightly. My skin tingled on contact which caused me to take a quick breath in. Call it intuition or instinct or whatever you want, but I knew it was him before I turned around. I looked up at him to find his eyes staring into mine and that's when I noticed that they had golden flecks in them and glistened slightly when the light hits them.
"There you are!" He said in his incredibly sexy French accent.
"Here I am!" I replied and instantly wished I had said something quirkier.
"I just wanted to get the bill."
"Oh! Yah! Of course."
Kris’s POV
I watched as she punched a bunch of buttons on the computer screen. Everything about her was different from every girl I had ever been even remotely interested in. She's absolutely beautiful, but it looks so effortless. She oozes confidence, but she's in no way conceited. When you look into her eyes you can tell there's more to her. Everything is just so intriguing. "Here yah go!" She said as she handed me the bill. I grinned at her and took it.
"So how long have you been here?" I asked as I filled out the Visa slip.
"I just started tonight."
"Tonight?!"
"Uh huh." She replied.
"Letang!" I glanced up and saw Jordan standing at the top of the stairs with his coat on. "Let’s go, dude!"
"You guys go get a cab. I’ll just be a minute." He smirked as he headed out of the club. "How often are you here?"
"Fridays and Saturdays." She said, pushing her bangs out of her face.
"Well...I’ll be back." I said as I handed her the bill and took her other hand in mine. I raised it to my lips and kissed it, never losing contact with her bright blue eyes. As my lips connected with her hand she bit her bottom lip causing my body temperature to rise about 10 degrees. GOD! She was so sexy! "It was nice meeting you, Chelsie."
"You too...?" Was she serious? I waited a second for her to laugh...but she didn't. She really doesn't know who I am? I felt a grin creep across my face as she stood there waiting for me to tell her my name.
"Kris." I told her.
"Kris." I liked the way she said that and was all of a sudden thinking of what it would be like hearing her moan my name. I tried to push that thought out of my mind as I stood there still not believing that she didn't know who I was. Everyone knew who I was. It was actually a little refreshing that she only knew me as Kris...not Kris Letang, #58.
"I’ll see you soon." I gave her a little wink as I took off. She would definitely be seeing more of me.
Chelsie’s POV
I climbed into bed next to Jason, who was already in an alcohol induced sleep. He drank a lot...I knew because the room reeked of stale booze. He had gone to Diesel tonight with Corey and Steve; two of his best friends but I hadn’t seen them at all. As I thought about the events of the night, I couldn't help but picture Kris’ face. I closed my eyes and I could see his perfectly. I could see his adorable crooked smile. I could see the incredibly sexy way he ran his hand through his hair. I suddenly climbed out of bed and quietly made my way downstairs. There was no way I was falling asleep anytime soon, and I didn't feel right laying in bed next to my soon to be husband while I was thinking about another man.
Jason and I have been together for 4 years. And I don't mean high school style dating, either. We’ve been living together for 3 of those years and since the minute we got together we’ve been beyond serious. We’ve been through some pretty tough times...well...i've been through some pretty tough times and he’s been there to save me. After my parents kicked me out when I was 17 I began drinking; more and more until I was drinking by myself, behind everyone’s back. I liked the way it numbed everything. The hurt, the loss, the anger...when I drank I didn't feel any of that. The down side to numbing those feelings was that all the feelings I wanted to feel were numbed as well, but I had gotten myself in too deep and I couldn't get out. That's where Jason came in. He’s the reason I'm where I'm at now. Without him...I don't know where I would be, and it just made me feel so guilty that I couldn't get Kris out of my head.
The more I thought about Kris, the more my thoughts drifted to Jason and then confusion set in further. I love my fiancé! I love Jason...so why the hell couldn't I get Kris out of my head?! What’s wrong with me?! I just met the guy...for all I know he could be some crazy stalker that’s gonna dazzle me with his beautiful eyes and his ridiculously sexy hair just to chop me up into little pieces. I sighed, putting my head in my hands. My head hurt and all I had concluded is that, psycho stalker or not, Kris was absolutely dazzling me.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment